Aberdeen's BEST Hotel? TownePlace Suites Review!

TownePlace Suites Aberdeen Aberdeen (SD) United States

TownePlace Suites Aberdeen Aberdeen (SD) United States

Aberdeen's BEST Hotel? TownePlace Suites Review!

Aberdeen's BEST Hotel? TownePlace Suites Review! (Prepare for the Honest Truth)

Alright, buckle up, because we're diving headfirst into the TownePlace Suites in Aberdeen. Forget the sterile, corporate reviews – this is the REAL deal. I'm talking accessibility headaches, surprisingly awesome coffee, and enough free Wi-Fi to keep you – well, me, mostly – tethered to the internet for hours. Because, let's be real, that's what we're all looking for, right? A decent place to crash and a strong Wi-Fi signal.

First impressions:

The exterior? Well, it's a TownePlace Suites. You expect a certain level of… beige. Functionality is the name of the game. BUT, the moment I walked in, I felt a wave of relief. The lobby was clean, bright, and the staff, bless their hearts, were actually friendly. No cold shoulders. No bored sighs. Just genuine smiles. (Service and Convenience score: 4/5)

Accessibility - The Good, the Bad, and the Stairwells (Okay, not stairwells)

Okay, let's get the elephant in the room out of the way. Accessibility is a HUGE deal for some of us, and I made it my mission to scrutinize. The website claims to be accessible, but I’m not entirely convinced. Maybe it’s just how I’m used to the world but the website needs to be more descriptive. (Accessibility Score: 3/5 - could be improved)

There was a clear effort to provide ramps and elevators (essential!), which is a HUGE win. But, I found a few areas that could be refined. I'll go into more details but the bottom line the effort is there but you might have to do a little extra walking and asking.

Rooms – Where the Magic (and Coffee) REALLY Happens

My room was, well, a suite. And not one of those "suite" where the couch is a single chair and a table. No, this was genuinely spacious. I got that "Available in all rooms" I was looking for, I got an air conditioner that worked, a desk perfect for hours upon hours of scrolling.

  • Internet Access: YES! Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! And it actually worked! I even managed to stream Netflix without buffering… a miracle! Plus the "Internet access – LAN" meant I could use the Ethernet cable, just in case the Wi-Fi gods decided to punish me. (Internet and connectivity: 5/5)
  • Amenities: The mini-fridge was a lifesaver, and I loved the coffee maker. The coffee quality deserves a note! For a chain hotel, it was surprisingly good.
  • The Bed: Extra long bed? Check. Comfy? Double check. I loved the black out curtains, which is great for people like me who like to sleep in.
  • Bathroom: Clean, functional, and, yes, I checked every detail. Separate shower/bathtub? I wasn't expecting that.
  • Room decorations: The room was decorated in calming tones.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking – Can I get a Side of Sanity?

TownePlace Suites includes a complimentary breakfast bar. It was your typical buffet. I was able to grab a coffee and head to the room, to catch up on internet!

  • Breakfast: The breakfast was passable, but they did include some of the "Asian breakfast" options as well as "Western Breakfast" items.
  • Coffee Shop: The coffee was surprisingly good, which is a huge win.

Things to Do & Ways to Relax – Beyond the Room

Now, this is where TownePlace Suites isn't exactly a spa resort. There is a fitness center, which I saw. But I didn't use.

  • Swimming Pool [Outdoor]: I am unsure of the season of my stay but this was an outdoor pool.

Cleanliness and Safety - Always a Priority.

This is where TownePlace Suites really shines. I was very impressed.

  • Cleanliness and safety score: 5/5
  • Hand sanitizer dispensers were everywhere, and the staff seemed genuinely committed to maintaining good hygiene practices.
  • Rooms sanitized between stays: I felt safe and secure

Services and Conveniences – The Little Things That Matter

They offer the little things that make life easier!

  • Front desk [24-hour]: Perfect for those late night cravings.
  • Concierge: I didn't personally need, but it was there.
  • Daily housekeeping: Every single day.
  • Cash withdrawal: Handy.
  • Free Car park [on-site]: Always a blessing.
  • Elevator: If you're like me at all, the elevator is crucial.

Now, for the Emotional Gut-Check:

Look, this isn’t the Ritz. But for a comfortable, well-equipped stay in Aberdeen, TownePlace Suites delivers. It’s not flawless (what is?), but the genuine friendliness of the staff, the clean rooms, and the reliable Wi-Fi make it a solid choice. It’s a place where you can actually relax… even if you're just relaxing by drowning in a good book and a strong coffee and the internet.

The Quirks and the Flaws:

  • I did find a few tiny imperfections, but nothing that ruined the stay.
  • The decor is functional, not fancy.
  • The noise levels were great, which is perfect for people like me.

Final Verdict (and a Special Offer!)

TownePlace Suites is a great option for Aberdeen. It's clean, comfortable, accessible (with some exceptions), and the Wi-Fi is rock-solid. It's a place where you can actually relax… even if you're just relaxing by drowning in a good book and a strong coffee.

My Personal Recommendation: 4/5 Stars

And now, the offer you've been waiting for!

Tired of Flaky Wi-Fi and Cramped Rooms?

Use code "ABERDEENROCKS" when booking through the hotel's website and get a 15% discount on your stay PLUS a complimentary upgrade to a suite (based on availability). That’s right – more space, better Wi-Fi, and a great deal to boot!

Book your stay at the TownePlace Suites in Aberdeen today!

  • [Link to the hotel website]
  • Use code: ABERDEENROCKS
Unbelievable Perks Await: Your Dream Stay at The Westin San Antonio!

Book Now

TownePlace Suites Aberdeen Aberdeen (SD) United States

TownePlace Suites Aberdeen Aberdeen (SD) United States

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's meticulously planned itinerary for a sterile, beige-toned trip. We're heading to Aberdeen, South Dakota, baby! And the target: the TownePlace Suites. Lord help us, but we're going in with eyes (and a heart) wide open. This is more of a "wing it and see what happens" kind of plan.

Aberdeen Adventure: A Mostly Planned, Definitely Unhinged Itinerary

Day 1: Arrival & Deep-Fried Disappointment (Hopefully Not!)

  • 1:00 PM: Arrival at Aberdeen Regional Airport (ABR). Okay, first hurdle: landing. I hate flying. Constant anxiety, cramped seats, pray-to-god-the-person-next-to-you-isn't-a-chronic-snuggler… You get the picture. Pray the baggage handlers are feeling benevolent today.
  • 1:30 PM: Car Rental Rodeo. Pray I can find the rental car company, because I've been known to wander aimlessly in parking lots for extended periods. Also, praying it’s NOT a tiny, death-trap-on-wheels car. Comfort is key, especially when you're lugging around more emotional baggage than actual luggage.
  • 2:00 PM: Check-in at TownePlace Suites Aberdeen. (Fingers crossed it's actually in Aberdeen and not, like, a neighboring cow pasture). Okay, first impressions: the lobby needs to be… well, not smell like mothballs. We're hoping for decent coffee, because the caffeine withdrawal is already starting to ache. Pray for a good room. Please, no thin walls and screaming toddlers!
  • 2:30 PM: Room Reconnaissance & Unpacking (Sort Of). Quick room inspection. Does the Wi-Fi work? Are the sheets clean-ish? (High standards, I know). I'll unpack… eventually. Maybe. Probably just leave the suitcase open and live out of it for the duration, because who has time to fold?
  • 3:00 PM: The Search for Sustenance: Lunch! This is the important part. Deep-fried anything is a must. A quick Yelp search reveals something promising: [Insert local restaurant name here - let's pretend it's "The Dakota Diner" for now]. Pray it lives up to the reviews. Pray the waitresses are sassy. Pray the food is good.
  • 3:30 PM: Lunch – The Dakota Diner Experience. (This is where things get interesting). Okay, the diner. It's got the smell of coffee and a good story. The waitress calls me "honey." I love her already. The menu is a glorious, grease-laden masterpiece. I order the fried chicken and am already feeling the artery-clogging joy.
  • 4:30 PM: Mild Panic at Airport Parking. I parked where? Time to be really, really good at acting like I know where I am.
  • 5:00 PM: Rest & Relaxation. (Yeah, right). Probably Netflix and a nap. Or maybe I'll try and figure out how the heck the TV remote works. Modern technology, am I right?
  • 7:00 PM: Dinner at… wherever the Dakota Diner sent me. More deep-fried adventure. This time, probably a burger. Or maybe the liver and onions. Just kidding. Maybe.
  • 8:30 PM: Evening Stroll (Or, Let's Be Honest, Bedtime). A little walk around the block, maybe? Okay, fine. Bedtime. Travel is exhausting. Tomorrow we'll see more in Aberdeen!

Day 2: Culture, Concrete, and Contemplation (Maybe)

  • 8:00 AM: Breakfast at TownePlace Suites (Free, Hopefully Edible, Praying For Waffles). Gotta fuel up for a day of… something. Free hotel breakfasts are a gamble. You might get a symphony of processed goodness, or you might stumble onto a hidden gem. Pray for the latter.
  • 9:00 AM: The Dacotah Prairie Museum. Okay, let's get "cultured." Museums are hit or miss for me. Sometimes I'm fascinated, sometimes I wander around aimlessly, wondering if there's a gift shop with something sparkly.
  • 10:00 AM: Dacotah Prairie Museum. This place is a blast.
  • 11:00 AM: Melgaard Park. More wandering. More thinking. More "am I lost again?"
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch on the Go! Maybe a sandwich from a local deli. Or if it's raining, a quick Mc Donald's to stay dry
  • 1:00 PM: Story Time. Maybe I will find a story worthy of writing, it's likely.
  • 2:00 PM: Shopping at the Local Mall. What is there to buy.
  • 3:00 PM: Back To The Hotel. Back to hotel.
  • 5:00 PM: Rest & Relaxation.
  • 7:00 PM: Dinner. Back to the diner!
  • 8:30 PM: Evening Stroll (Or, Let's Be Honest, Bedtime).

Day 3: Epilogue & Departure (With a Side of Regret)

  • 8:00 AM: Hotel Breakfast – Second Chance (Praying Harder for Waffles).
  • 9:00 AM: Farewell to Aberdeen (Sadness and Relief).
  • 10:00 AM: Airport.
  • 12:00 PM: Flight… Finally Home.

Final Thoughts:

This is not precisely a "trip," it's an experience. Did I stick to the plan? Absolutely not. Did I have fun? Probably. Did I learn anything? Most likely. Will I remember the specifics? Doubtful. But the feeling of Aberdeen? That's something I'll carry with me. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to unpack… or probably just leave the suitcase open. Travel, you beautiful, messy beast. Let's do it again sometime. Maybe.

Dallas Luxury Suites: Unbeatable Green Park Dr. Deals!

Book Now

TownePlace Suites Aberdeen Aberdeen (SD) United States

TownePlace Suites Aberdeen Aberdeen (SD) United States

TownePlace Suites Aberdeen: The Good, the Bad, & My Pajama-Wearing Confessions

Okay, spill. Is TownePlace Suites in Aberdeen really *the* best?

Alright, alright, settle down. "Best" is subjective. But look, I've stayed in enough Aberdeen hotels to acquire a *very* strong opinion. TownePlace Suites? It's a contender. Let's just say it's less a perfectly polished diamond and more like a slightly-misshapen, but ultimately charming, chunk of amethyst. You get what I'm saying? It has its flaws, oh, does it ever! (More on the morning coffee situation later... shivers.) But it often *delivers*. And sometimes, that's all you really need after a long day spent... well, *in* Aberdeen.

What's the vibe like? Is it sterile corporate or… comfy cozy?

Okay, let's be real. It's *not* a boutique hotel. It's a TownePlace Suites. The vibe? Think… clean and functional with a dash of "trying really hard." The lobby is usually bright, and they have a little sitting area that *tries* to be inviting. I say ‘tries’ because I once saw a guy trying to assemble a complicated IKEA bookshelf there at 10 PM. Definitely killed the ambiance. (Bless his heart, though.) The rooms themselves are spacious, which is a huge win. A *huge* win, especially when you're juggling luggage, work stuff, and that suitcase you swear you packed but can never find the damn handle on. So, comfy cozy-ish. Not exactly a roaring fireplace and velvet armchairs, but definitely better than a shoebox hotel room.

The suites! Are they actually… suites? Or just glorified rooms?

Yes! They *are* suites. This is the big selling point, folks. You get a separate living area with a sofa, which I usually promptly collapse on after a long drive. The kitchenette… ah, the kitchenette. It's got a fridge, a microwave, and a *dish soap dispenser* which, yes, I appreciate. The kitchen counters? I once attempted to prepare a gourmet meal (ramen) on those countertops. It did not go well. Let's just say I learned the hard way how important a cutting board is. But having the space to breathe, to spread out, to actually *move*? That's worth a lot, especially if you're staying for more than a night. The bedroom is separate too, which is fantastic for those who, like me, snore like a chainsaw. Bless those travel companions.

Breakfast. The breakfast buffet. Tell me everything. The *truth*.

Okay, here’s where things get real. The breakfast… it’s on a spectrum. It's not a Michelin-star dining experience, let's just establish that right now. It's the classic continental spread. Expect the usual suspects: cereal, bagels, muffins of varying degrees of freshness, scrambled eggs that may or may not be real eggs (I'm not judging!), and the all-important waffle maker. Now, that waffle maker… it can be the highlight of your morning, or the bane of your existence. I once spent a solid 20 minutes trying to get one to cook properly, resulting in a burnt offering that could double as a hockey puck. The coffee? Ah, the *coffee*. It's often… weak. Very weak. I once brewed a pot and it was so pale that I think it was mostly hot water. I had to sneak into the kitchen and steal some instant coffee from the staff. (Shhh, don’t tell anyone.) But hey, it's free. And when you're trying to get out the door before a meeting, free coffee is basically a godsend. Just… manage your expectations.

What about the amenities? Pool? Gym? Is the internet actually usable?

Okay, the pool. It exists. It’s… fine. I’ve never actually used it, but I’ve seen it. It looks clean, I think. The gym? Standard hotel gym fare. A few treadmills, a weight machine or two. Good enough to feel guilty about skipping. And the internet… Ah, the internet. It fluctuates. Sometimes it’s blazing fast, perfect for streaming cat videos. Other times… it’s dial-up slow. Remember dial-up? Yeah, those scary noises may sound in your brain. Plan accordingly. Download your shows and movies before you arrive. And pray to the internet gods that you don't need to upload a huge file during peak hours. (Trust me on this one. I once lost *hours* of work because of the internet’s capricious nature. Sigh.)

Okay, the staff. Are they friendly? Helpful? Or do they just want to lock up and go home?

Generally, the staff is lovely. They're the ones who make the difference, right? They are usually polite and efficient. They’ll help you with anything from extra towels to directions. I've always found them to be genuinely helpful and friendly. There was this one time… I checked in absolutely *exhausted*. I had lost my phone, forgotten my toothbrush, and was wearing mismatched socks. The receptionist, bless her heart, looked at me with a mixture of pity and amusement and actually helped me track down a store for a new charger. Little moments like that really stick with you. They *care*. Look, they're not perfect, but they've always tried.

Location, location, location! How's it situated? Convenient? Or a trek from everything?

Okay, location is definitely a factor. It’s convenient enough. It’s close to some restaurants and stores. Nothing is too far away in Aberdeen, honestly! You also have good highway access. It's not right *in* the heart of downtown (which isn't necessarily a bad thing, as you'll avoid the street noise), but you'll be just a short drive away from wherever you need to go. Parking? Plenty of it. Which, believe me, is a huge bonus after driving for hours. I am not exaggerating when I say that parking problems have soured whole trips for me. This is smooth sailing. It's not too hard to get to. I'd call it a solid "B+" in the location game.

Any downsides? Anything that truly grinds your gears? Be honest!

Alright, here's where theStay Finder Blogs

TownePlace Suites Aberdeen Aberdeen (SD) United States

TownePlace Suites Aberdeen Aberdeen (SD) United States

TownePlace Suites Aberdeen Aberdeen (SD) United States

TownePlace Suites Aberdeen Aberdeen (SD) United States

Post a Comment for "Aberdeen's BEST Hotel? TownePlace Suites Review!"