
Gresham Getaway: Days Inn & Suites Unbeatable Deals!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups! Because we're diving HEADFIRST into Gresham Getaway: Days Inn & Suites. And trust me, after this, you'll either be booking a room faster than you can say "unbeatable deals," or you'll be running for the hills. No judgment!
First Impressions: The Good, the "Meh," and the Question Marks
So, look, I'm not gonna lie. Days Inn isn't the Ritz. Let's get that out of the way. But Gresham Getaway? Well, that's where the story gets interesting. Right off the bat, the "Unbeatable Deals" promise had me intrigued. Who doesn't love a bargain?
Accessibility: A Mixed Bag, But Promising.
Okay, accessibility is KEY, right? And honestly, this is where my review started to feel… complicated. They say they have facilities for disabled guests. That's great! But the specifics? They're kinda… vague. Need more info here! I'd love to hear if they have accessible rooms, and what those rooms actually look like (ramp access, grab bars, the works). Accessibility is a MAJOR deciding factor for so many. If you need it, CALL AND ASK. Don’t guess. I’m also seeing an elevator, which is another plus.
Cleanliness and Safety: A Sigh of Relief (Finally!)
This is the stuff that matters. And thank GOODNESS it looks like Gresham Getaway is covering its bases. They're talking about anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, room sanitization between stays. They even have professional-grade sanitizing services. YES! This is a MASSIVE deal. I’m practically doing a happy dance at my desk. And what really warms my heart? Staff trained in safety protocol. That gives me such peace of mind. And hand sanitizer readily available? Chef's kiss.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Buffet of Options (Maybe?)
Alright, foodie time! Apparently, there's a breakfast service. And it includes Western cuisine! Score! I'm always a sucker for a good omelet. They also mention an Asian breakfast? Intriguing! But is it any good? Is there a vegetarian option? Details, people, details!
There's a coffee shop, a snack bar, and… a bar! A Poolside Bar? Now we’re talking a different type of deal! Are there fun happy hour specials? Or just sad, watered-down cocktails? (I need to know!) I need to know how much these extra amenities cost!
They also have room service. 24-hour room service! That's a lifesaver after a long day of… well, whatever you're doing in Gresham. But is it any good? Is it like, actual food, or soggy sandwiches? I need real reviews here.
Things to Do, Ways to Relax: Spa Day? Possibly!
The words "Spa" and "Sauna" and "Steamroom" are music to my ears. Can you see yourself just chilling, relaxing and getting some much needed spa time? This could be a serious selling point, but a pool with a view? Is it nice? If there is a pool with a great view, I am so in! And they have a fitness center. Gotta work off those breakfast burritos, right?
Services and Conveniences: The Practical Stuff
Air conditioning in public areas? YES! Especially in the summer. They have a business center, which is great for folks who need to get some work done. A concierge, daily housekeeping, laundry service… the basics are covered. They have an on-site gift/souvenir shop. That's a nice touch (especially if you forgot a toothbrush, like I always do!). And of course, the FREE Car Park! Love it! Luggage storage and safe deposit boxes, all the helpful things.
For the Kids: Family-Friendly Vibes
"Family/child friendly" – Okay, sign me up! Do they have a kids' pool? Activities? Does the babysitting service actually babysit well? Any playground? If you’re traveling with kids, you NEED to get more info!
Rooms: Comfort and Convenience
Alright, here's the meat and potatoes! Wi-Fi? Free? In all rooms? HECK YES! This is essential in this day and age. Air conditioning, coffee/tea maker, refrigerator, a desk for work – all the necessities. And they have… wait for it… Blackout curtains! SOLD! That's a game-changer for anyone who likes to sleep in. The "complimentary tea" will get you right.
I loved the "extra long bed" and "soundproofing," these are BIG pluses! Bathroom with a phone (What decade is it?). But also, is the water pressure good? Are the towels fluffy? Are there enough plugs near the bed?! These are the real questions!
The "Meh" Moments & the "Huh?" Moments:
I did notice a few confusing things:
- Pets Allowed Unavailable: Does this mean no pets? Or is it just unavailable at the moment? We need clarity here!
- Couple's Room: Is it a romantic getaway? Or just, you know, a room for two people? Be more specific
Overall Impression: The Final Verdict
Okay, here's the truth: Gresham Getaway seems to offer a solid package. The cleanliness and safety measures are fantastic. The free Wi-Fi is a must. And the potential for a pool with a view, PLUS a spa is seriously tempting. The accessibility info is a little sketchy but I like what I'm seeing. This place seems to be TRYING.
My Unbeatable Offer: (Because I’m Feeling Generous!)
Okay, here's the deal:
Book your escape to Gresham Getaway today and receive:
- Guaranteed Free Wi-Fi (Obviously!)
- Mention this review, and get a FREE Happy Hour cocktail.
- If you’re a spa enthusiast, and you mention this review, get 20% off Spa services!
- Ask for the most accessible room available and let me know! (Then, I'll review it!)
But Here's the Fine Print:
- This offer is subject to availability and may be limited.
- I'm not responsible for the quality of the cocktails (but please let me know!)
- Ask for the manager and ask about the accessible room.
Final Thoughts:
Gresham Getaway at Days Inn & Suites? It's got potential. Do your research, ask questions, and go in with an open mind… and maybe a willingness to share your own experiences!
Happy Travels!
Hotel Colbert: Your Dream Saint-Jean-de-Luz Escape Awaits!
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because here's the Days Inn & Suites Gresham (OR) itinerary… or at least, my version of it. Prepare for a rollercoaster of emotions, questionable life choices, and a whole lotta caffeine.
Day 1: Arrival & the Great Motel Room Reveal (Plus, Immediate Regret)
- 1:00 PM: ARRIVE. At Gresham, OR… looking like a crumpled piece of paper that’s been through the wringer… or like the unmade bed I'm about to encounter. The drive? Brutal. Traffic. My bladder. Don't even get me started.
- 1:15 PM: Check-in. The front desk clerk at the Days Inn is… well, she's there. She seems vaguely amused by my "travel weary" appearance, which is fair. I probably looked like a swamp creature.
- 1:30 PM: The dreaded ROOM REVEAL. Oh. My. God.
- The Door Slams Shut (accidentally, I swear!)
- A Brief Moment of Hope
- Then, the olfactory assault. Carpet that definitely remembers the 80s. A faint hint of… something. Maybe bleach mixed with despair?
- The Bedding… looks like it’s been through a war, and I don't mean the good kind. The pillows look like they’ve seen things. I shudder.
- The Bathroom… Okay, it’s functional. Tiny, but functional. The shower curtain screams, "I've seen some stuff, and I'm not proud."
- The View: Parking lot. Sigh.
- Reaction: Immediate, soul-crushing disappointment. This, my friends, is where dreams go to die. Or at least, where a weekend getaway goes off the rails. I vow to survive. And maybe leave a scathing review.
- 2:00 PM: Desperate measures. I immediately crank the AC (it’s already probably older than me) and head out for some… something. Coffee. Chocolate. Anything to distract me from the depressing reality of my temporary living situation.
- 2:30 PM: Find a local coffee shop (yay, a lifeline!). Drink the coffee, and it's surprisingly good. Buy a pastry. Feel slightly less doomed.
- 3:30 PM: Back to the room. Lay down. Stare at the ceiling. Consider taking a nap… but fear the shadows lurking beneath the questionable sheets.
- 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Decide to venture out for dinner. But first, the internal battle: "Do I actually want to leave this room? Or is the outside world just as daunting?" The outside world wins, mostly because I'm so hungry.
- 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM: Find a local diner (because you know, comfort food is always the answer, right?). They serve some decent, if not spectacular, comfort food. Observe other patrons. Make some observations about humanity (they are all going to die). Eat, and then, reflect.
- 7:30 PM - 9:00 PM: Return to the room. Watch garbage TV. Surf the web aimlessly. Regret all life choices.
- 9:00 PM: Attempt to sleep. Pray for a miracle.
Day 2: Adventures in Gresham (Or, "The Day I Tried to Be a Tourist")
- 8:00 AM: Wake up. Still alive! Success!
- Breakfast Time: The complimentary breakfast at the Days Inn is a gamble. The coffee is weak, the muffins look suspicious, and the fruit is probably from last week. I bravely attempt a waffle. It does not disappoint. It's edible.
- 9:00 AM: Attempt to do a touristy thing. Research: "Gresham, Oregon — What to do?" Apparently, more than nothing. I choose:
- The Gresham Pioneer Cemetery: Because… why not? It's history! And hey, maybe the dead have better taste than this motel room.
- 10:00 AM: Pioneer Cemetery. I walk among the tombstones. Observe. Reflect. Feel a bit morbid. Note the quirky headstones. It's actually quite peaceful. Still, a bit… unsettling.
- 11:00 AM: Visit a nearby park. The park is lovely. The dogs are cute. Life is momentarily tolerable.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch. Return to that diner. Because routine is comforting. And the staff is friendly (and possibly used to my crazy face).
- 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Take some time to enjoy the sun. I can't believe I'm actually doing this, but I go back to the room to chill out.
- 3:00 PM: Attempt to use the pool (if there is one). Don't. The pool is filled with, well, things no one should encounter while swimming.
- 4:00 PM: Start packing, quietly panicking about having to go home.
- 6:00 PM: Dinner. Another diner visit. Because, again: routine. And the waitress knows my order.
- 7:00 PM: Last-minute shopping. Buy some snacks and supplies for the drive.
- 8:00 PM: Watch a terrible movie on TV.
- 9:00 PM: Attempt to sleep. Dream about a proper bed.
Day 3: Departure & The Aftermath (or, "Never Again?")
- 7:00 AM: Wake up. Pack the last of my things. The smell… it hasn't improved.
- 8:00 AM: Check out. The desk clerk is, once again, there. She doesn’t know the hell I've been through. Goodbye, Days Inn. You were… an experience.
- 9:00 AM: Drive home. The music is loud. The windows are down. Freedom!
- 12:00 PM: Arrive home. Unpack my bags. Immediately put everything through the wash, especially my socks.
- 1:00 PM: Take a long, hot shower. Wash away the memories. Mentally burn all evidence of the Days Inn.
- The Verdict: Gresham, you were… interesting. Days Inn, well… let's just say we won't be exchanging Christmas cards. Next time, I'm booking a place with a higher star rating. And maybe a hazmat suit. Just in case.

Gresham Getaway: Days Inn & Suites - Unbeatable Deals! (Or...Are They?) - An Honest FAQ
Okay, so, "Unbeatable Deals!"... Seriously? What's the *real* cost breakdown? Is this Days Inn actually *CHEAP* cheap?
Alright, let's just rip off the band-aid. "Unbeatable Deals" is marketing, people. They *say* that. Reality? Depends. I’ve seen prices lower than a discounted box of day-old donuts (amazing!), and I've seen prices that made me question whether I accidentally clicked on a Ritz-Carlton. Here's the messy truth: They *do* have deals. Look for specials, especially midweek, *never* try a weekend. Seriously. But the "unbeatable" part? You need to do your homework. Compare, compare, compare. Factor in *everything* – parking (sometimes free, sometimes not), any hidden "resort fees" (grrr!), and the big one… are you *really* saving money by skipping the continental breakfast? I *need* my sugary carbs, so that's a huge factor for me. My advice? Use multiple booking sites – Hotels.com, Expedia, the Days Inn website itself – and *always* read the fine print. Seriously, I once got blindsided by a $20 "cleaning fee". Cleaning? I barely made a mess! (Okay, maybe a rogue Cheeto or two...)
The Rooms... What's the *vibe*? Think… dated, modern, or "well-loved"? (Be honest!)
"Well-loved" is a kind way of putting it, my friends. Let's be real, these aren’t exactly the *bougiest* of accommodations. But, here's the thing – I *like* the slightly…lived-in feel. It feels…real. You get a sense that these rooms have *stories*. I've seen some that have been updated, looking pretty slick with those modern TVs and sleek furniture. Others… well, let’s just say the floral bedspreads feel like they've been around since the days of acid wash jeans. But, hey, who cares if you are just crashing for the night? Comfort? You should find it! It's clean, generally. (Okay, I *did* find a stray dog hair once… but hey, free souvenir, kinda. Eww, I know!) Just manage your expectations. Think "functional and familiar," not "luxury retreat." Bonus points if you get a room with a view of something other than the parking lot. Getting a nice view is like winning the lottery, and I'm always disappointed. I just want a big window.
The dreaded Continental Breakfast... Is it worth getting out of bed for? (Be brutally honest!)
Okay, THIS is where opinions REALLY diverge. Some call it “wretched”. I call it… a necessary evil. The classic Days Inn continental breakfast is a gamble. You've got your: stale pastries (sometimes, but in a charming way), mediocre (at best) coffee, questionable fruit (bruised apples, anyone?), and the always-dependable, pre-packaged cereal. BUT! Here is the *crucial* thing: **Expectations Management!** Don't go in expecting a gourmet feast. Go prepared for a *serviceable* start to your day. I once went, hungover, and was *delighted* to see the sugary cereal. It was the only thing that stood between me and wanting to die. If they have waffles, *get the waffles*. That's the golden ticket. The waffles are the only good thing about this breakfast.
Location, Location, Location! How's the Gresham Getaway situated, and what's nearby? Is it walkable?
The location is… *functional*. It's not exactly in the bustling heart of Portland, that’s for sure. You're in Gresham. Not the *coolest* city, it's true, but it has it's own charm, like any underdog. Walkable? Ehhh… sort of. You'll want a car for getting around, definitely. There are some restaurants and shops nearby. Grocery stores are a short drive away. But don’t bank on strolling to vibrant nightlife. This is a place to *start* your day, NOT spend your life. The location is very… accessible to everything, including the bus station. Which is good if you don’t have a car, but not if you're trying to sleep. Keep in mind it's a decent jumping-off point if you're looking to explore the greater Portland area. Pro tip: If you're hoping to go to the coast, it's a bit of a drive. So, plan accordingly.
Let's talk *that* pool -- Is it actually swim-able? And...clean?
The pool is… *a story*. Let's put it that way. I *love* a hotel pool. It's a quintessential hotel experience for me. I dream of relaxing in the water and doing laps, but let's be honest, I'm not getting a medal for my swimming talent anytime soon. I once went, super excited for an evening swim, and it was CLOSED. Closed! I was devastated. I'd been picturing my perfect, relaxing evening, and it vanished. Then, I went back a week later and it was open! The water was… well, it was *water*. Sometimes it seems sparkly and inviting. Other times... you might want to take a quick peak before your dive in. I saw a kid once wearing goggles and a full snorkel set. That might be a good sign of how clean the pool is. The pool is indoors, and it smells like chlorine. Chlorine is good, right? It means it's clean! Right? Okay, this is where my anxiety is going to cause me to stop talking about the pool.
What about the staff? Are they friendly, or just…present? (I really NEED friendly!)
This is where the Days Inn *often* shines! The staff has been consistently *really* pleasant. They're generally helpful, welcoming, and make an effort to make you feel, well, welcome. I vividly remember one instance where I’d forgotten my phone charger. Disaster! (Dramatic, I know.) The front desk staff (I think her name was Brenda? Or maybe Beth, I can’t remember now!) was an absolute angel. She let me borrow a charger, and it saved me from a total meltdown. I’m a mess when it comes to forgetting essentials. The other time, the air conditioning in my room was super loud. The front desk immediately sent someone to fix it, *and* they offered me a different room without me even asking. So, yes, in my experience, the staff is generally a true highlight. Those people are gems.
Would you stay here again? (Be honest! Don’t just say what you think the hotel wants to hear!)
Okay, the big question! Yes. I absolutely *would* stay here again. But… with caveats! Here’s the thing: I have a certain set of requirements when I'm choosing a hotel. It has to be budget-friendly, clean (enough), and not smell of anything *too* weirdHotels With Kitchen Near Me


Post a Comment for "Gresham Getaway: Days Inn & Suites Unbeatable Deals!"