
Colorado Springs Getaway: Unbelievable Deals at La Quinta Inn & Suites!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups! Because we're about to dive headfirst into a review of La Quinta Inn & Suites in Colorado Springs, and let me tell you, it's not just a hotel, it's… well, it is a hotel. But hey, even hotels have stories, right? Let's see if this one's worth the trip.
Colorado Springs Getaway: Unbelievable Deals at La Quinta Inn & Suites! - The Unfiltered Review
So, the headline promises "Unbelievable Deals." Let's see if they deliver. I’m coming at this from the perspective of… well, someone who needs a break. Someone who wants a comfy bed, maybe a dip in the pool (if it's not a swamp of chlorine), and most importantly, zero drama. Is La Quinta the place to find it? Let’s find out.
First Impressions & The Nitty Gritty (Accessibility, Cleanliness, & Security)
- Accessibility: Okay, important. This hotel proudly touts its Facilities for disabled guests. That’s a good start. Elevator? Check. I'd need to know specifics about which rooms are actually configured, but the offering is a big plus.
- Cleanliness & Safety: THIS is where things get really important these days, am I right? La Quinta hits the marks here, and for me that's a big, big, big sigh of relief. Professional-grade sanitizing services? Anti-viral cleaning products? Daily disinfection in common areas and Room sanitization between stays? YES PLEASE. I absolutely applaud the team for their safety protocols. Staff trained in safety protocol? Good! I want staff who care. Hand sanitizer everywhere? Praise be!
- Security: CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Front desk [24-hour], and a Security [24-hour] presence? Fantastic. Fire extinguisher and Smoke alarms, of course, are essential. I like feeling… safe. Like, actually safe, not just pretending to be.
The Room & The Goods (Available in all rooms)
Okay, let's get down to brass tacks. What's the room actually like? Here's what's promised, and I'll give you my honest thoughts afterward:
- Air conditioning: Crucial in the summer.
- Alarm clock: Okay, a tiny bit dated, but functional. (I use my phone now, but whatever.)
- Bathrobes: Ooh, fancy! A nice touch if they're actually fluffy and not scratchy.
- Bathroom phone: Seriously? Is this the 90s? (but what if there’s an emergency?)
- Bathtub, Separate shower/bathtub: Jackpot if you're a soaker or just want some extra room.
- Blackout curtains: Essential for a good night's sleep, especially if the sun's blazing.
- Carpeting: I have mixed feelings. I prefer hardwood, but carpet does absorb sound…
- Closet: Standard.
- Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Coffee/tea maker: YES to the coffee! (I'm a caffeine fiend.)
- Desk, Laptop workspace: Okay, so I can actually get some work done (or pretend to).
- Extra long bed: Always a bonus!
- Free bottled water: Always appreciated.
- Hair dryer: Mandatory. My hair is a beast.
- High floor: I love a good view (or at least fewer street noises).
- In-room safe box: Smart.
- Interconnecting room(s) available: Good for families or if you're traveling with a large group.
- Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Wi-Fi [free]: Duh! I need to stay connected.
- Ironing facilities, Ironing service: Alright, I'm a travel slob but the option is there.
- Linens, Towels: I HOPE they're clean. (And soft!)
- Mini bar, Refrigerator: Could be useful.
- Non-smoking: Good. I'm a non-smoker.
- On-demand movies: Okay, maybe if it's raining and I'm bored.
- Private bathroom: Obviously.
- Reading light: Nice for late-night reading (if I remember to pack a book).
- Satellite/cable channels: Standard.
- Scale: Ugh. I'm not checking my weight on vacation.
- Seating area, Sofa: Nice to have some extra space to chill.
- Soundproofing, Soundproof rooms: YES. Please.
- Telephone: Okay, I'm not sure I'll use it.
- Toiletries: Hope they're decent.
- Umbrella: Always a good idea.
- Visual alarm, Smoke detector: Safety first.
- Wake-up service: Fine.
My Anecdote: The Bed! The Bed! The Bed!
Listen, I don't care about fancy. I care about a good bed. If the bed is awful, the whole experience goes down the drain. This is where La Quinta needs to nail it. A comfy mattress, good pillows (essential!), clean sheets… that's my happy place. That's what makes a stay worthwhile. I could easily spend an hour more in bed than my normal routine. That's vacation bliss. (fingers crossed)
Let’s Talk Food (Dining, Drinking, & Snacking)
- Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Western breakfast, Asian breakfast: The website brags on this buffet. This can be a make-or-break situation. I'm talking good eggs, decent bacon or sausage, fresh fruit. Coffee/tea in restaurant: Essential. I'm praying for a decent coffee machine. And, for the love of all that is holy, I'm hoping they keep the buffet clean.
- Restaurants, Coffee shop, Snack bar, Poolside bar: Options!
- Room service [24-hour]: Jackpot!
- Alternative meal arrangement, Vegetarian restaurant: Good to have the option.
On-Site & Beyond: Amenities & Things To Do
- Swimming pool [outdoor]: I'm hoping it's not a swamp of chlorine. A good pool can make the whole trip.
- Fitness center, Gym/fitness: For the motivated people! (Not me. Probably.)
- Spa/sauna, Sauna: If I had time, I’d love to spend an hour in the sauna and then a dip.
- Things to do (… and ways to relax): The hotel needs to sell a dream. It’s about the experience, not just the room. I look for the little touches.
Services & Conveniences:
- Daily housekeeping: YES. Clean sheets every day? Heaven.
- Concierge: Helpful if you need something.
- Cash withdrawal, Currency exchange: Helpful.
- Convenience store, Gift/souvenir shop: Okay, for the basics.
- Laundry service, Dry cleaning, Ironing service: Very practical.
- Cashless payment service: Great!
- Meetings, Meetings, Meeting/banquet facilities, Audio-visual equipment for special events: I need a break from my meetings. Hopefully, the hotel is flexible.
For the Kids & Furry Friends (Family/child friendly, Pets allowed, Babysitting service):
- Family/child friendly: La Quinta is often a great choice for kids.
- Pets allowed: Important for many travelers. (Availability needs to be clear.)
Getting Around
- Airport transfer, Taxi service: Good to know.
- Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Valet parking: Good for travelers in Colorado Springs.
My (Slightly Messy) Conclusion:
La Quinta Inn & Suites in Colorado Springs? It's not the Ritz, but it seems to be a solid choice. For the right price, and if all the promises of cleanliness, good beds, and a decent breakfast are true, it could be a great base for exploring the area. The safety protocols are a huge plus, and the amenities – pool, fitness center – give you options for winding down. I’m cautiously optimistic.
The Offer (aka, The "Get This Hotel Now!" Bit):
"Escape to Colorado Springs with La Quinta's Unbelievable Deals!
Ready for a stress-free getaway? At La Quinta Inn & Suites in Colorado Springs, you can enjoy:
- Unbeatable Value: Get that vacation on your budget!
- Safety First: We're obsessed with cleanliness!
- Comfy Retreat: You'll sleep like a baby on our comfy beds.
- Amenities You'll Love: Pool, breakfast, and more.

Alright, buckle up, buttercups! This ain't your grandma's itinerary. This is… well, this is my itinerary. And it's probably gonna be a glorious, slightly chaotic mess. We're talking Colorado Springs, baby! Specifically, La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Colorado Springs South AP. Yep, the budget-friendly adventure starts here…
Day 1: Arrival and Mild Panic (aka, "Is This Thing On?")
- 1:00 PM (ish): Arrive at Colorado Springs Airport (COS). Okay, first impressions: the baggage claim… is… surprisingly compact. Which is good, because my suitcase is probably overflowing with things I absolutely, positively need, like that sparkly sequined fanny pack I haven't worn since 1998. Pray for me.
- 1:30 PM: Uber to La Quinta. Found it! Now, here comes the fun part: Checking in. I'm usually a disaster at this, always forgetting my ID, my reservation number, or my common sense. Fingers crossed the hotel clerk is patient… and maybe, just maybe, won't judge the state of my hair.
- 2:00 PM: Room Reveal! Okay, this is where things get REAL. Does the bed look comfy? Is the wifi actually working? (Critical. I have a blog to update, obviously important to the fate of humanity.) And, most importantly… is there a decent view? Because let's be honest, I've stayed in rooms with views of parking lots before. The anticipation is KILLING me.
- 2:30 PM: Unpack… kinda. Let's be honest, unpacking is a suggestion, not a rule. I'll probably just toss everything on a chair and call it a victory if I can find my phone charger.
- 3:00 PM: Explore the hotel. Pool? Gym? Free breakfast? These are the questions that truly matter. I need to scope out the breakfast situation. I swear, a good breakfast can make or break a stay.
- 3:30 PM: Minor crisis. Realize I forgot a crucial travel accessory: duct tape. Time to improvise!
- 4:00 PM: Start looking for a place to eat dinner. I'm a big foodie so any sort of restaurant that looks good I'm going to scope out.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner at a local dive. I'm STARVING at this point, it's been so long since I ate. Looking for comfort food to get me through the night.
- 8:30 PM: Back at the hotel. Stumble into bed, ready to collapse. The journey continues tomorrow.
Day 2: Garden of the Gods and Existential Dread (and maybe a slightly embarrassing incident)
- 8:00 AM: Breakfast! (fingers crossed its' good). Honestly, I'm looking forward to a waffle. Maybe some scrambled eggs. Maybe I'll even attempt the dreaded hotel coffee. Wish me luck!
- 9:00 AM: Garden of the Gods. Okay, real talk: I've seen the pictures. It's stunning. I need to see it in person. Gonna try to be all zen and appreciate the "natural beauty," but let's be honest, I'll probably be thinking about lunch the entire time.
- 9:30 AM: Taking photos at Garden of the Gods. I'm a terrible photographer, but I'm going to try to get a good one of the red rocks.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch. Find a cool diner, hopefully, to get a burger. I need a hearty helping.
- 1:00 PM: The thing I'm really looking forward to: driving around Garden of the Gods. I love to drive.
- 2:00 PM: Take photos around Garden of the Gods, again!
- 5:00 PM: Head back to the hotel to relax. I'm exhausted from all the excitement. Let's watch TV and think about tomorrow.
Day 3: Pikes Peak and the Realization That My Life Is a Comedy
- 7:00 AM: Another breakfast. I could get used to this!
- 8:00 AM: Drive to Pikes Peak. Oh boy. I'm not great with heights, but everyone says this is a MUST-DO. Pray for me. Actually, scratch that. Pray for the other tourists if I have a panic attack at the summit.
- 9:00 AM: Drive up Pikes Peak. Now, this is the real test. Can I handle the altitude? Will I spontaneously combust from the sheer awesomeness of the views? Stay tuned!
- 12:00 PM: Have lunch at the summit. I'm going to try to be calm.
- 2:00 PM: Drive back to the hotel, realizing my life is a comedy. Time to start planning the next grand adventure.
Important Notes (aka, "Things I Might Forget")
- Snacks: Essential. Candy, chips, gummy bears… fuel for the soul and the weary traveler.
- Sunscreen: Because I'm pale like a ghost and burn at the mere suggestion of sunshine.
- Cash: Never trust those ATMs.
- My sanity: Highly questionable. Proceed with caution.
So, that's the plan. Or, at least, a plan. Life is messy, and travel is messier. But that’s the fun of it, right? Wish me luck, and send chocolate!
Novotel Melbourne on Collins: Your Dream Aussie Escape Awaits!
Colorado Springs Getaway: La Quinta Inn & Suites - Seriously? Deals?! Let's Dive In!
Okay, spill the tea! What kind of "deals" are we *actually* talking about with this La Quinta gig? Is it a scam? My wallet is screaming!
Alright, alright, settle down with the scam accusations! Look, I get it. "Deals" these days are usually code for "hidden fees galore." But from what I've seen... and I mean, *personally* experienced, not just read on some brochure... La Quinta in Colorado Springs DOES seem to have some decent offers. Think slightly discounted rates, maybe free breakfast, or a bundled package with parking (because, let's face it, parking fees are the devil). But double-check the fine print! Seriously, read it. Don't be like me, who once assumed "free Wi-Fi" meant "free Wi-Fi that actually works." (Spoiler alert: it didn't.)
And to the scam part? Well, they *are* running a business. There's always a catch to some extent, but if you're used to paying a premium for the location, you probably wouldn't get scammed.
Free breakfast? Don't tease me! What's the breakfast situation REALLY like? Because hotel breakfast is usually... well... let's just say "uninspiring."
You're speaking my language! Hotel breakfast is a gamble. It's either the highlight of your day... or a culinary crime scene. At La Quinta in Colorado Springs, I've had both experiences!
One time, I swear, the waffle maker was possessed. It churned out perfect, golden-brown waffles, crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside. They had all the toppings – whipped cream, syrup, the works! I think I ate five. Okay, maybe seven. Don't judge me, I was on vacation!
Other times? Well, let's just say the eggs *looked* like they'd seen better days. The coffee was lukewarm, and the oatmeal was…well, let's just say it needed some serious CPR. So... it's a mixed bag. Go in with low expectations, and you might be pleasantly surprised! And always, ALWAYS, check the waffle maker. It could be your savior.
Is the location good? I don't want to spend my whole vacation stuck in a car! I want to see things!
Location, location, location! This is where things get a little… variable. "Good" depends on what you want to do. La Quinta in Colorado Springs generally has a fairly good spot, right in the heart of the action. You're probably going to be close to Garden of the Gods, which is a MUST-SEE. Seriously, go. It's breathtaking.
However, it might not be walking-distance-to-everything-cool. You will likely need a car for some things. Driving in Colorado Springs is not the worst thing in the world, though. The traffic isn't *terrible*, but there are times you could sit for some time.
Parking? Because having to pay extra for parking is the bane of my existence. Tell me *everything*!
Oh, parking. The silent killer of the travel budget. From what I've seen, La Quinta in Colorado Springs *usually* includes parking. CHECK. THE. FINE. PRINT. again! Some deals might make you pay more.
Seriously though, if you find a deal that includes parking, you've already won half the battle. Knowing you don't have to shell out another $20-$30 a day for a parking spot is a *huge* relief. It frees up money for, you know, important things, like extra waffles!
Let's talk rooms! Are they clean? Are they noisy? Because I need my beauty sleep!
Alright, here's the naked truth about the rooms. They're… generally decent. And by "decent," I mean... I haven't gotten bedbugs (yet). The rooms are typically clean, but don't expect the Ritz-Carlton. I've had rooms that were perfectly fine and others that needed a little… well, let's say "freshening up."
Noise can be an issue. Hotel walls are notoriously thin. Try to get a room away from elevators and ice machines. Or, if you're like me, bring earplugs and a white noise machine. That's my secret weapon against the world.
And seriously, before you unpack, do a quick scan. Look under the beds, check the corners. Better safe than sorry!
What about the staff? Are they friendly? Because a grumpy hotel staff is a HUGE mood killer.
The staff? Ah, the human element. This is another area where it's a mixed bag. On the whole, from my experience, the staff has *generally* been friendly and helpful. They'll smile, they'll answer your questions, they might even offer you an extra towel!
Of course, there will be the odd person who seems to have just woken up on the wrong side of the bed, but hopefully, they won't ruin your trip.
I once had a wonderful lady at the front desk who, I swear, single-handedly saved my vacation after my luggage went missing. She went above and beyond, even calling the airline for me! Those kinds of experiences make all the difference. So, most of the time, expect a positive experience.
Okay, fine, I *might* be considering this. What's the Wi-Fi situation like? Is it usable or will I be pulling my hair out trying to upload a selfie?
Ah, the internet. The modern traveler's lifeline. The Wi-Fi at La Quinta in Colorado Springs... well, it's usually *okay*. Okay being the operative word. Don't expect lightning-fast speeds. Be prepared for moments of buffering. Be prepared to have to log in multiple times.
I once spent a solid hour trying to upload a picture of the Garden of the Gods, only to have it fail repeatedly. It was infuriating! So, if you need to do important work, or stream movies, or, you know, just generally exist in the 21st century, be patient. Or, even better, download a few things beforehand, so you're good to go!
Pro Tip: if the Wi-Fi is truly atrocious, go sit in the lobby. Sometimes the signal there is better. And hey, you might meet some interesting people!
Final Verdict: Would you recommend this La Quinta deal or should I run screaming in the other direction? Be honest!


Post a Comment for "Colorado Springs Getaway: Unbelievable Deals at La Quinta Inn & Suites!"