
Renaissance Tulsa: Your Dream Tulsa Escape Awaits!
Renaissance Tulsa: My Tulsa Escape? OH, BABY! (A Messy, Real-Life Review)
Okay, buckle up, buttercups. This isn't your average, sterile hotel review. We’re diving headfirst into the Renaissance Tulsa, and trust me, it's a whirlwind. I'm talking everything from plush robes to the slightly chaotic energy of the pool area. Let's get real.
First Impressions – The Glamour & the Grumbles (Accessibility, Starting Point)
So, you pull up… and whoa. Renaissance Tulsa definitely has curb appeal. It’s… big. And grand. The entrance is all sweeping curves and shiny surfaces. Accessibility: Okay, here’s where we start strong. The place is definitely wheelchair accessible. Ramps, elevators galore, and I saw plenty of folks navigating the spaces with ease. Good job, Renaissance! That matters, A LOT.
But… (and there's always a "but," right?) finding the entrance can feel a little… maze-like. Not a deal-breaker, by any means, but maybe a few more clear signs wouldn’t hurt, yeah? Plus, I got stuck behind a gaggle of influencers trying to stage the perfect Instagram shot. (More on the "influencer factor" later).
Rooms – Plush, But (Again, a “But”)…
My room? Pretty darned good. Seriously, the beds are like sinking into a cloud. Available in all rooms: Air conditioning (bless!), alarm clock (old school, but appreciated), the bathrobes: plush. Bathroom: Excellent water pressure! And a hair dryer that actually worked. Internet access – wireless, free! – worked flawlessly. Nice touch. Additional toilet, Additional toilet (in some rooms), Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens. (This is a LOT of stuff! I’m still catching my breath).
Now, the imperfections… I’m a sucker for a good view. I was on a higher floor so I'd be able to see Tulsa, but the window situation made me feel like I was in a fishbowl. The lighting could also use a boost. It’s a bit dim, especially for reading… and, ahem, other activities.
Oh, and the phone? I tried calling for room service (more on that later), and the thing felt like it belonged in a museum.
Internet Woes (Or, My Near-Panic Over a Bad Wi-Fi Connection)
Speaking of museums… Internet, Internet [LAN], Internet services, Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! This is where things got hairy. I'm not exaggerating when I say I almost lost my mind. I needed to upload a HUGE file for work (because, priorities, right?), and the initial connection was… glacial. Like, watching paint dry on a glacier glacial. Thank goodness for the dedicated IT team, I’m pretty sure they saved me. Seriously though, folks, speed is key in today's world. So, to the Renaissance – invest in that Wi-Fi! Wi-Fi in public areas was decent, thank goodness.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking – From Buffets to (Potentially) Disappointing Room Service
Restaurants, A la carte in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement, Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Bar, Bottle of water, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Restaurants, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant.
Okay, let's talk food. The buffet breakfast in the main restaurant? Definitely hit the spot. Loads of options, from the standard bacon and eggs to… oh my gosh, I think it was kimchi fried rice? Whatever it was, it was DELICIOUS. Breakfast [buffet]… win. Coffee/tea in restaurant… and the coffee was pretty decent, too.
The Poolside bar, though? This is where I lost my cool. I ordered a burger… and well, I won't go into detail, but it was a sad excuse for a burger. (Picture a hockey puck on a bun). The vibe was… meh. Very influencer-y.
Room service [24-hour]? The saving grace! Right? Nope! It took an eternity to arrive, and frankly, I wasn't that hungry anymore.
Things to Do and Ways to Relax – Spa Dreams and Fitness-Center Failures
The gym/fitness, Fitness center, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor], Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath, Massage.
Okay, let’s get to the actual RELAXATION part. The swimming pool? Gorgeous. Pool with view definitely applies. A real oasis. Though, be warned: you will see a LOT of Speedos. A LOT. And the poolside bar? Well, let's just say the burger situation put me off.
The spa… oh, the spa. I splurged on a massage (Massage) because a girl's gotta treat herself, yeah? The massage itself was heavenly. Total bliss. (It's the only aspect I'd describe with that word!
But… the “relaxation area” felt a little cramped. And the air felt a bit stale. I'm not sure if it was the humidity, or that there was someone talking on their phone (rude! In a spa?!). The Sauna was nice, though!
Cleanliness and Safety – The Covid-Era Considerations
Anti-viral cleaning products, Breakfast in room, Breakfast takeaway service, Cashless payment service, Daily disinfection in common areas, Doctor/nurse on call, First aid kit, Hand sanitizer, Hot water linen and laundry washing, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Shared stationery removed, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment.
Kudos to the Renaissance on this front. They’re taking COVID seriously. Hand sanitizer stations everywhere. Staff wearing masks. Everything felt… sanitized. (Almost too sanitized, but hey, I'm not complaining). I felt safe. That's important.
For the Kids – Or, How the Renaissance Makes Parents’ Lives Easier
Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal
I didn't travel with kids, but I saw LOTS of families. And they seemed happy. Babysitting service. Kids facilities, Kids meal I saw.
Services and Conveniences – The Good, the Bad, and the… “Convenience Store”
Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center, Access, CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Check-in/out [express], Check-in/out [private], Couple's room, Exterior corridor, Fire extinguisher, Front desk [24-hour], Hotel chain, Non-smoking rooms, Pets allowed unavailablePets allowed, Proposal spot, Room decorations, Safety/security feature, Security [24-hour], Smoke alarms, Soundproof rooms, Getting around, Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking.
The concierge was awesome. Super helpful, always smiling. The daily housekeeping was flawless. The convenience store? Okay, it'
Calpe's BEST Apartments? Topacio Unitursa: Unbelievable Views & Luxury Await!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive HEADFIRST into the glorious – and potentially chaotic – world of my weekend at the Renaissance Tulsa. This isn't your meticulously curated travel brochure. This is the REAL DEAL, the unvarnished truth, the "I-might-need-another-coffee-before-we-start" edition.
Friday: Arrival and the Art of Hitting the Snooze Button (Repeatedly)
2:00 PM: Supposed to check in. Supposed to. Let's be honest, that was the GOAL. But traffic, and a sudden craving for a gas station hotdog (don't judge!), and a slight miscalculation of the drive time pushed things back to…ish…2:30, maybe 3? Anyway, finally, I'm there! Standing in line. The lobby is… well, it's a lobby. Big, fancy, the usual. But the carpet has a sort of… vague floral pattern. Kind of like my grandma's curtains after they've been through a dust storm.
3:00 PM (ish): CHECKED IN! Room 827. Huh. That's, um, a room. Opened the door, and the first thing I saw was… more carpet. But this time, it's even BETTER, in a sort of… 80s way! It's a mix of geometric shapes of faded blues and yellows. It's so… grandma-chic. Which, in a weird way, I kind of dig.
3:30 PM - 5:00 PM: Unpack. Sort of. Mostly, I just dumped everything on the bed and considered a nap. The bed, by the way, looked extremely inviting. The urge to just collapse and… well, I succumbed. I mean, who can resist a luxurious hotel bed? I'd rate this nap a solid 9/10. There were minor interruptions by a persistent noise; I think maybe it could be a heater.
5:00 PM: Finally crawl out of bed, convinced I'm now an actual slug person. Gotta get moving! Decide to explore the hotel.
- Observation: The elevators are SO SLOW. I swear, I aged a year waiting for one.
- Mini-Rambles: I swear, where are elevators so slow? Is it the people, the design, the hotel itself? Maybe they're just waiting for me to get off.
6:00 PM: Dinner at the hotel restaurant, "Bistro 21". It was the only thing open! The menu? Predictable. The service? Slightly overwhelmed. The food? Acceptable. I had the salmon, which was… well, it was salmon. Nothing to write home about, but hey, it filled a hole. The bread basket, however? Divine. Seriously, I could have eaten the whole thing myself. Maybe I did. Don't judge.
7:30 PM: Back in the room. Okay, time to get serious! Actually look at what this hotel has to offer. Time to read the brochures! The brochures… I swear, hotel brochures go one of two ways: ridiculously upbeat or downright boring. This one was a healthy mix of both, a symphony of font choices and bullet points. There really is nothing to say about it.
9:00 PM: The bar is open again, I decide to go. The bartender is nice, but the atmosphere is a little… bleak. Maybe because it was a Friday night. I order a Martini, and I can feel myself slipping into a state of bliss. The world is a little blurier, a little softer. Okay, maybe two Martnii.
11:00 PM: Decide to watch TV. The options are… well, they're TV options. I watch some sort of drama, but can't remember anything. I'm in too much of a haze.
Saturday: The Day I Become a Tulsa Culture-Vulture (… Or, The Day I Try)
- 8:00 AM: Wake up. Feeling… a little rough around the edges. Should definitely have stopped at one Martini. Anyway. Coffee is required. STAT.
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast at the hotel: The same restaurant as dinner, but with a breakfast menu. Again, the food is fine. Oatmeal, a bagel, and juice. In all, nothing noteworthy.
- 10:00 AM: Head out to explore Tulsa! I decide to visit the Philbrook Museum of Art.
- 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM: Philbrook Museum. Oh. My. God. This place is incredible! The art is stunning, the gardens are gorgeous, and the mansion itself is breathtaking. I spent hours wandering through the exhibits, utterly lost in the beauty. I especially loved the… (rambles in detail on a specific painting or sculpture, describing its colors, textures, and emotional impact). This museum is my favorite part of the trip so far.
- Emotional reaction: This place sparked something in me. I felt this deep sense of peace and awe. The artist's dedication and skill brought tears to my eyes.
- 2:00 PM: Lunch. Grab a quick sandwich at a local deli near the museum. Nothing special, just… sustenance.
- 3:00 PM: Back to the hotel, because, well, it's there. Take a nap. I'm still not sure about that noise, it continues.
- 5:00 PM: Feeling refreshed (ish). Time to go exploring again! Maybe. After another coffee.
- 6:00 PM: Take a look at the hotel's gym. I do not go inside. I'm lazy.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner at a highly-rated Mexican restaurant. The food is good; I like the chips and salsa.
- 9:00 PM: Decide to hang out at the hotel bar. This time, the bartender is even nicer, and the atmosphere doesn't feel so bleak. More drinks, more laughter. (But somehow, I can't remember it)
- 11:00 PM: The TV options are the same. However, this time, I watch a movie.
Sunday: Farewell, Tulsa (And That Damn Carpet)
- 8:00 AM: Woke up earlier! The noise has stopped! Yay!
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast. Feeling the need to be healthy! Again, the buffet.
- 10:00 AM: Check out. The staff are polite, but the whole process is a blur.
- 11:00 AM: Get back home.
Overall Thoughts:
The Renaissance Tulsa was… fine. It wasn't perfect, it wasn't life-changing, but it provided a comfortable base for my Tulsa adventure. The location was great, especially near the hotel. The carpet… well, the carpet was… something. And that awful noise…
Would I go back? Maybe. If I'm ever in Tulsa again (which, let's be honest, is unlikely, but you never know, and it's a big country!), I'd definitely consider it. But next time, I'm packing earplugs and a REALLY good coffee machine. Or, I'd just ask for a room away from that weird noise.
Escape to Birmingham: Your Home Away From Home at Extended Stay America!
Renaissance Tulsa: Your Dream Tulsa Escape! (Or Maybe...?) Okay, Let's Figure This Out.
Okay, Deep Breath. What *IS* the Renaissance Tulsa Anyway? Like, Seriously, Spill the Beans.
Is the Renaissance Tulsa Actually...Nice? Pictures Can Be Deceiving!
The Pool! Tell Me About This Pool! Is it Magical?
Food! What's the Grub Situation Like? Any Good Restaurants?
But here’s the thing, and this is important: *Tulsa has amazing food*. Seriously. Downtown Tulsa is a foodie haven. Don't get stuck eating at the hotel every night! Venture out! Go explore! Grab some BBQ. Hit up a brewery. Trust me on this. Your taste buds will thank you. Think of the hotel food as… sustenance. The stuff that keeps you from passing out before you can get to the *real* Tulsa experience.
What's the Deal with the Convention Center? Is it Just for Boring Meetings?
Is the Renaissance Tulsa Kid-Friendly? My Life Depends on This Answer!
How's the Location? Is it Close to Anything Cool in Tulsa?
Okay, Spill the Tea: What's the *Worst* Thing About the Renaissance Tulsa? Be Honest!


Post a Comment for "Renaissance Tulsa: Your Dream Tulsa Escape Awaits!"