
Escape to Louisiana: Unbeatable Deals at Microtel Inn & Suites Houma!
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the bayou with a review of the Microtel Inn & Suites Houma, and it's gonna be less perfectly-polished travel brochure and more…well, me. Let's get messy. Let's be real. Let's see if this Houma haven delivers on its promise of an "Unbeatable Deal"!
First Impressions & the Accessibility Gauntlet:
Right off the bat, Houma itself is a vibe. Think humid air thicker than gumbo and folks with that classic Louisiana charm. Now, about the Microtel… Accessibility is a huge deal for me (and should be for everyone, frankly). The website claims good accessibility, which is a relief because I'm imagining getting tripped up by a rogue shrimp boat right at the curb! (Okay, maybe not that dramatic, but you get the idea). We're talking Wheelchair accessible rooms hopefully, right? And a elevator… a must, especially if I end up in one of those high-floor rooms with a fancy view!
Cleanliness & Safety? Thank God.
Look, in today’s world, cleanliness isn’t just a nice-to-have, it's a survival skill. I'm squinting at the description… Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Rooms sanitized between stays. Okay, Microtel, you're speaking my language. Sanitized kitchen and tableware items? YES! This is the kind of detail that makes me breathe a sigh of relief. They also boast Hand sanitizer stations, which is a godsend, and staff are apparently trained in safety protocols. All this talk about Hygiene Certification gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. I’m also glad to see Smoking area and Non-smoking rooms – gotta cater to everyone (though, personally, I’m Team Smoke-Free). They also claim to have Fire extinguisher, Smoke alarms, and CCTV in common areas & outside property. Well done, Microtel. Well done.
The Room Itself: My Personal Oasis (Hopefully!)
Okay, the room itself is where the rubber meets the road (or the gator meets the swamp, heh heh). What do they offer? Air conditioning, THANK GOD. I need that in Louisiana. Free Wi-Fi in all the rooms! Score! The Internet access is important for work (and, let’s be honest, streaming). They also offer Desk, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Interconnecting room(s) available, and Blackout curtains. Okay, I'm already feeling the vacation vibes imagining Sofa. And of course, a private bathroom, with a shower, and hopefully a bathtub for those "soaking away the day" moments. Hair dryer, gotta have it! Coffee/tea maker, because I cannot function without caffeine. The Refrigerator is key for keeping my swamp juice (okay, it’s just Gatorade, whatever) cold. AND, I am going to Request a high floor room with a window that opens.
Food, Glorious Food (and Drink!): The Heart of Louisiana
Let's be honest, Louisiana is all about the food, and the Microtel better bring its A-game here, or I'm jumping ship faster than a crawfish out of a boiling pot. They are offering an Asian breakfast and Western breakfast. I like the diversity! Restaurants on site? Restaurants in the hotel? Maybe even a Coffee shop, so I can grab a quick pick-me-up before heading out to explore? I'm crossing my fingers for a Bar and a Poolside bar for those sunset cocktails (or mocktails - I don't judge!). Snack bar is something handy for late night cravings. Room service [24-hour]? Now we're talking! A la carte in restaurant or Buffet in restaurant? Decisions, decisions… I'm seeing Desserts in restaurant, Soup in restaurant, and Salad in restaurant … Maybe all I will eat is Vegetarian restaurant. I think Microtel understands what I, the foodie, will be dreaming of.
Diving Deeper: Services & Conveniences
Alright, let's get down to the nitty-gritty. You want a hotel that gets you, right? They claim to offer Air conditioning in public area, Cash withdrawal, Concierge. Okay, I'm picturing myself, jetlagged and slightly disoriented, desperately needing cash for a beignet. A Doorman? Fancy! They offer Dry cleaning, Laundry service – perfect for those inevitable swamp-mud stains. Luggage storage is a must. I want all these conveniences!
For the Kids (and the Young at Heart):
Okay, I don't have kids (yet!), but the Family/child friendly label is always a good sign. If you are taking your children you will also able give them Babysitting service and the Kids meal.
Unbeatable Deals! Let's Talk $$$!
Now, let's get down to the real heart of the matter: that "Unbeatable Deal." Unbeatable deals can mean more than just dollars and cents. It can mean an escape from the everyday grind, a chance to relax, to unwind.
The Offer (Because You Asked!)
Escape to Louisiana: Your Houma Adventure Awaits!
Hey you, yeah, you! Are you dreaming of sipping sweet tea under a moss-draped oak? Craving the crackle of jambalaya sizzling in a skillet? Ready to lose yourself in the soulful sounds of a Cajun band? Then pack your bags, darlin', because Microtel Inn & Suites Houma is your golden ticket to Louisiana bliss!
Here's the Deal that Sizzles:
- Cozy Comfort: Experience the warm hospitality of the South in our perfectly-appointed rooms with complimentary Wi-Fi, blackout curtains for those extra-long sleep-ins, and all the amenities you need to make yourself right at home.
- Cleanliness You Can Trust: We know you're worried about hygiene, that’s why we went over-the-top to protect you.
- Breakfast Bonanza: Fuel your adventures with our FREE breakfast or Grab-and-Go options.
- Houma Hotspots at Your Fingertips: From the bayou tours to the local markets, museums and more!
But wait, there's more! Book your stay within the next week and receive:
- 10% off your entire stay! (Use code BAYOUBLISS at checkout!)
- Complimentary bottle of local hot sauce to bring a little taste of Louisiana back home!
Why Microtel? Because We Get You!
We're not just a hotel; we're your launchpad for an unforgettable Louisiana experience. Whether you're a seasoned traveler or a first-time adventurer, we're here to help you make memories that will last a lifetime. We are committed to your safety.
Don't delay! This offer won't last, book now and let the good times roll!
[Link to Microtel Inn & Suites Houma website]
Okay, that's it. I’m ready to book my adventure. Wish me luck, and may your Louisiana experience be as unforgettable as mine.
Alturas Getaway: Unbelievable Super 8 Wyndham Deal! (CA)
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because planning a trip to Houma, Louisiana (and specifically, the Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham), is a wild ride even before you actually get there. I’m talking about the kind of ride where you're pretty sure you packed the toothbrush… but you're also 80% sure you didn't. Let's do this, messy style.
Trip: Houma, Louisiana – Microtel Mayhem! (Or Maybe Just Mediocrity?)
Day 1: Arrival and the Battle of the Bedspread
Time of Day: Oh-dark-thirty. (6:00 AM, give or take the screaming alarm on my ancient iPhone.)
- Mode of Transport: Flight. (From… well, that’s a story for another therapy session. My current state is somewhere between "optimistically hopeful" and "slightly terrified of flying.")
- Destination: Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY). Why couldn't they have an airport in Houma? Seriously, the drive… sigh.
- Activity: Surviving the rental car line. This deserves its own itinerary item. It’s a Hunger Games-esque battle of wills and paperwork. Pray for me.
- Emotional Reaction: Anxiety. Pure, unadulterated anxiety. Also, a strong craving for a really good beignet and perhaps a stiff drink to combat this.
Time of Day: Late Morning/Early Afternoon (Around 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM)
- Mode of Transport: The aforementioned rental car of questionable origin and unknown (possibly dangerous) prior usage.
- Destination: Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Houma. Ah, the promised land. Or… just a slightly above-average motel, depending on the reviews.
- Activity: Check-in. (Fingers crossed the room matches the pictures online. And has actual hot water. Also, maybe some natural light? I'm not asking for the moon, just… a window that faces something other than the parking lot).
- Emotional Reaction: A flicker of hope. Followed swiftly by the realization that I haven't showered, and I'm probably emitting a "slightly stressed traveler" odor.
- Snarky Observation: Seriously, why are motel carpets always that shade of questionable beige? Is it a conspiracy? Do they think it hides the… well, everything?
- Anecdote: So, last time I stayed at a motel… Let's just say a rogue cockroach and a faulty air conditioner led to a night I'd rather forget. I'm bracing myself.
- Imperfection: I will probably forget to pack a phone charger. Again. Why am I like this?!
Time of Day: Early Afternoon (1:00 PM - 2:00 PM)
- Activity: Unpacking. And assessing the state of the room. This is crucial.
- Emotional Reaction: Mild disappointment if the bedspread looks like it’s seen better decades. Utter jubilation if it isn't the standard hotel itchy wonder.
- Quirky Observation: I'm going to judge the room's cleanliness based on how many questionable stains are on the ceiling. Don't judge me.
- Rambling Moment: Okay, so the whole bedspread thing. It's a metaphor, right? For the expectations we have versus the reality of life. We hope for a pristine, perfectly clean bedspread… but sometimes you just get… a bedspread. And you learn to live with it. Or, you know, request a different room.
- Imperfection: Likely to nap, even though I promised myself I wouldn't. Jet lag is a cruel mistress.
Time of Day: Late Afternoon/Evening (5:00 PM - 6:00 PM)
- Activity: Dinner. (Gotta eat. Priorities.) Finding someplace good for a hearty meal. Google search and Yelp review are my best friends. Perhaps some Cajun cuisine? Or maybe just… anything that isn't processed.
- Emotional Reaction: Excitement! Food! And the hope that I manage to navigate a new city.
- Opinionated Language: I have zero tolerance for bland food. It’s a crime. A culinary offense.
- Anecdote, Possibly Slightly Exaggerated: One time, I ordered a "mild" curry, and it nearly blew my head off. Lesson learned: always ask about spice levels. And maybe carry a fire extinguisher.
- Messy Structure: Okay, so dinner is a flexible thing. I might end up eating a sandwich in my room, depending on how much social energy I have left. Or maybe I'll find some live music. Or maybe I’ll just stare at the television.
Day 2: Exploring Houma and the Alligator Adventure! (Maybe)
Time of Day: Morning (8:00 AM/9:00 AM)
- Activity: Breakfast. Hope the Microtel has continental breakfast. Or maybe a Waffle House. Always a safe bet.
- Mode of Transport: Rental car again
- Destination: The swamp. Okay, the swamp area. I mean I want to see gators. I'm going to go on a swamp tour!
- Emotional Reaction: Anticipation! I always wanted to see the bayou.
- Anecdote/Rant: Okay, I'm going to try to hold back on the complaining, but what is it with hotel-provided coffee? It's always lukewarm and tastes like despair. Someone, please, invent a truly travel-worthy cup of joe!
- Imperfection: Definitely need to buy more sunscreen.
Time of Day: Daytime
- Activity: Swamp Tour! This is the big one! This is the reason I'm here, to see the swamps, hear the stories, and maybe spot a gator!
- Emotional Reaction: Pure, unadulterated glee. I'm in Louisiana! I'm going to see alligators! This is what travelling is about!
- Quirky Observation: I bet the swamp water smells of… well, swamp. And history. And maybe a few things I don't want to know about.
- Anecdote – Swamp Edition: My first swamp tour, I got so excited, I almost fell out of the boat. The guide gave me this look like, "Lady, settle down." I did not settle.
- Messy Structure: I have this vivid image in my head of me in a swamp boat, the sun beating down, the guide yelling directions, and me just completely entranced by the whole experience. Fingers crossed this one doesn't disappoint.
- Double Down Moment:
- If the swamp tour is amazing: I'm going to buy all the swamp-themed souvenirs. I'm talking gator-shaped keychains, t-shirts, maybe even a tiny alligator head (kidding… mostly). I will become a swamp evangelist, telling everyone about the magic I've experienced. The swamp will become my thing.
- If the swamp tour is a letdown: Okay, let's be honest. Sometimes things don't live up to the hype. If the tour is boring, if the gators are hiding, if the guide just goes through the motions… I'm going to be seriously bummed. I'll probably retreat to my room, eat a bag of chips, and re-watch some mindless tv. But I'll tell you what, I'll still consider it an experience. Even a bad experience is… well, an experience. It's better than staying home, right?
- Either way, I'm going to be looking for the best local restaurant for the most authentic Cajun food I can find.
Time of Day: Evening/Night (7:00 PM/8:00 PM)
- Activity: Whatever. Dinner, maybe a drink. Probably early to bed.
- Emotional Reaction: Exhaustion. Post-swamp tour exhaustion is a real thing.
- Opinionated Language: I don’t care. Food.
- Imperfection: Probably will spill something on myself.
Day 3: Departure and the Existential Dread of Leaving
- Time of Day: Morning (6:00 AM) (Or whenever the alarm decides to unleash itself)
- Activity: The dreaded packing of suitcases. And the frantic search for the phone charger.
- Emotional Reaction: A mix of sadness (leaving!) and relief (finally getting to go home!). Also, the vague sense of "Did I actually do anything on this trip?"
- Opinionated Language: Goodbyes are the worst.
- Rambling Moment: I always wonder if I make the most of a trip. Did I see

Escape to Louisiana: Unbeatable Deals at Microtel Inn & Suites Houma! - Or, You Know, Hope For The Best! (FAQ Edition)
So, "Unbeatable Deals"… Seriously? What's the Catch?
What's the Deal with the "Continental Breakfast?" Tell me the truth!
Is it Safe? What About the Area?
Are the Rooms Clean? (Because That's Kind of Important!)
Tell me about the Wi-Fi. Will I be able to stay connected? (My Life Depends on It!)
What is there to DO in Houma? (Besides eat amazing food, obviously!)
What If Something Goes Wrong? (Because, Let's Face It, Things Happen!)
Okay, So Should I Book It? What's The Bottom Line?


Post a Comment for "Escape to Louisiana: Unbeatable Deals at Microtel Inn & Suites Houma!"