
Escape to Luxury: Edmonton Airport's Royal Hotel Awaits!
Escape to Luxury: Edmonton Airport's Royal Hotel Awaits! - A Review That’s Honestly Human (And Rambling)
Okay, buckle up Buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the "Luxury" promised by the Royal Hotel near Edmonton Airport. Now, I’ve stayed in enough hotels to wallpaper a small continent, so I'm a tough cookie. But here's the thing: sometimes, luxury is just a marketing buzzword. Let's see if the Royal Hotel delivers, or if it's just a fancy paint job on a slightly rusty chassis.
First off, Accessibility. Big points here: they have a lot of boxes checked for Wheelchair Accessible rooms and facilities. I'm not personally in a wheelchair, but I’m always super impressed when hotels genuinely think about everyone. And the fact they list Facilities for disabled guests is a solid start. Now, for access to the hotel itself, its Elevator is crucial to get you to your room, and the exterior corridors are available for some rooms. If you have some luggage, the car park is on-site, but it's a free of charge one!
Now, let's get the messy bits out of the way.
The Internet Situation (Ugh, The Internet)
"Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!" they shout. Yessss!. That's usually a good sign. But here's the thing: I've seen "free Wi-Fi" that was slower than a sloth in molasses. Thankfully, the Internet access was pretty decent. Wi-Fi in public areas had a decent signal, not bad, not amazing. Room had Internet access – wireless and Internet access – LAN which is a great option to have. The Internet services list is short and I was expecting for more from a Hotel that is offering luxury.
Rooms & That Whole "Escape" Thing
Alright, let's talk rooms. I'm a sucker for a good hotel room; it's my happy place. The Air conditioning was a lifesaver (Edmonton summers, am I right?). Non-smoking rooms? Thank the stars! They also had Soundproof rooms which is a game-changer, especially if you're, shall we say, "sensitive" to airport noise.
The desk, in-room safe box, mirror, the mini bar, refrigerator, coffee/tea maker, and a decent seating area - check, check, check. BUT (and there’s always a “but”) my room initially smelled a bit…stuffy. After about 10 minutes with the window open (thank goodness for the window that opens), it was fine. Just felt a little like it was between guests for a bit. And while I'm on a roll, the Linens, although clean weren't the "luxury" type I was expecting.
Now, the bathroom: Oh yeah, the whole luxury thing. The bathrobes were fluffy and comfortable (hallelujah!), and the slippers were a nice touch, but the separate shower/bathtub situation felt a bit cramped. And, truth time: I almost lost my footing getting out of the tub. Safety first, people! Towels were plentiful, but the toiletries were…standard. Nothing that screamed "lavish."
The Deep Dive into "Things to Do" – Or, How I Tried to Relax
Here's where it gets interesting. The Royal Hotel boasts a Spa, Sauna, and Steamroom. Pool with view? Yes, please. Swimming pool? Yup, Swimming pool [outdoor]? You bet! And they had a Fitness center!. My plan? To channel my inner zen master. My reality? I was more like a stressed chicken trying to figure out how to order a cocktail.
The Fitness center itself was decent, actually. Enough equipment to get a good sweat on, not overly crowded. Definitely a plus.
I did (finally!) make it to the pool. The Swimming pool, specifically the Swimming pool [outdoor], was… nice. Clean, a decent size. Not exactly a postcard-worthy view, but fine for a quick dip. The Sauna was hot and steamy, and the Steamroom was the best, I mean it was hot, then I went to take a shower and then I was ready to leave.
Food, Glorious Food (and the Occasional Hiccup)
Okay, let's talk grub. The Royal Hotel had more dining options than I have brain cells some days. Restaurants, Bar, Coffee shop, Poolside bar, Snack bar – they were serious about feeding you. And, thank goodness, Room service [24-hour]. I am not always the most coordinated human being, and I got hungry in the middle of the night. The food was good, nothing to write home about, but it was there, and it was delivered quickly.
Breakfast? Breakfast [buffet]. Standard fare. Western breakfast was the norm. Asian breakfast was available, which is always a plus. The Coffee/tea in restaurant was surprisingly good. I'm a caffeine addict, and I know my beans. The Desserts in restaurant were also tempting…
Cleanliness & Safety – Especially Important These Days
Okay, this is CRUCIAL. The Royal Hotel seems to take this VERY seriously. I spotted:
- Anti-viral cleaning products.
- Cashless payment service, which is a godsend.
- Daily disinfection in common areas.
- Hand sanitizer everywhere.
- Hygiene certification.
- Rooms sanitized between stays.
- Safe dining setup.
- Staff trained in safety protocol.
- Sterilizing equipment.
They also have a doctor/nurse on call and a first aid kit.
The Perks & Quirks
Okay, here's where the Royal Hotel gets some extra points:
- Cash withdrawal - Always handy.
- Concierge - Helpful, friendly.
- Daily housekeeping - My room was spotless every day.
- Elevator - vital for getting around.
- Facilities for disabled guests - always important.
- Luggage storage - Very helpful.
- Safety deposit boxes - Security is key.
- Air conditioning in public area - Stay cool throughout the hotel.
- Front desk [24-hour] - peace of mind.
- Car park [free of charge] - Score!
- Laundry service - always appreciated after a long trip.
- Dry cleaning - Even better!
- Ironing service - No more wrinkled clothes!
- Doorman - a nice touch of class.
The Not-So-Luxurious Bits
Okay, here's where the Royal Hotel could up its game a bit:
- The "luxury" vibe wasn't consistently there. It's a bit uneven.
- The occasional musty smell in the room.
- The toiletries were pretty basic.
The Verdict: Should You "Escape to Luxury?"
Alright, the million-dollar question: would I book this hotel again?
Honestly? Yes.
The Royal Hotel is a solid choice. It's clean, safe, has a lot of fantastic amenities, and is in a convenient location near the airport. Is it the ultimate luxury experience? Maybe not. But it’s a comfortable, well-run hotel that offers a lot of value. It's a great choice for business travelers, families, and anyone looking for a comfortable stay near the airport.
My Emotional Takeaway
Look, I'm not going to lie. I had a slightly rocky start and the word "luxury" might be a tad overused. But, after spending some time there, the Hotel had a genuine charm. I definitely felt safe, and it ticked most of the boxes. Most importantly it was great to simply be there, relax, and enjoy myself.
Here's the Offer (Because You Deserve It):
Ready to Escape? Book Your Stay at the Royal Hotel TODAY!
Here’s Why You Should Book Now:
- Stress-Free Travel: Conveniently located near the Edmonton Airport, making your pre- or post-flight stay a breeze.
- Relax and Unwind: Enjoy the spa, sauna, steamroom, and outdoor pool to melt away the travel tension.
- Stay Connected: Free Wi-Fi so you never miss a beat!
- Safety First: We're committed to your health and wellbeing with rigorous cleaning and safety protocols.
- Comfort and Convenience: Thoughtfully designed rooms, friendly staff, and fantastic dining options.
Don't wait! Book your escape to the Royal Hotel now and experience a comfortable and convenient stay near Edmonton Airport. Escape to the luxury, you deserve it!!
Escape to Paradise: Hotel Des Deux Mers, Quiberon, France - Your Dream Getaway Awaits!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because you're about to get the brutally honest, gloriously messy, and probably slightly smelly itinerary of my stay at the Royal Hotel Edmonton Airport, Trademark Collection by Wyndham in Leduc, Alberta, Canada. This ain’t some polished travel brochure; this is the raw, unfiltered truth. Let's get this show on the road!
Day 1: Arrival and the Quest for Wifi (and Sanity)
- 1:00 PM (ish) - Arrival at the Airport: Okay, so the flight was delayed. Surprise, surprise. I’m already in that weird post-flight haze where you’re simultaneously starving and wired from airplane coffee. Found the shuttle…eventually. The driver, bless his heart, looked like he'd seen a ghost, but hey, he got me to the hotel in one piece. Small victories.
- 1:30 PM - Check-in and the Room Reveal: The lobby? Fine. Standard hotel lobby. The room? It was a…room. Clean-ish. The wallpaper, however, screamed "early 2000s beige," and the air conditioning sounded like a disgruntled yak. My enthusiasm, already dwindling, took a nosedive. My first thought: "Is this how I’m going to spend my vacation?!"
- 2:00 PM - The Great Wifi Hunt: Okay, this is where things got…interesting. The promised "high-speed internet" was a cruel joke. I spent a solid 30 minutes trying to connect, wandering around my room like a lost puppy, waving my phone in the air. Finally, I just gave up and decided to embrace the digital detox the universe was clearly forcing on me. This is going to be so hard.
- 2:30 PM - The Coffee Catastrophe: Found the "complimentary" coffee in the lobby. It tasted like… well, let's just say it tasted like despair. I’m a coffee snob, I can't help it, and this stuff just didn't cut it. Immediately started fantasizing about finding a decent cafe, even if it meant walking for miles. I'm not sure I have the energy.
- 3:00 PM - Wandering and Wondering: Okay, so I wandered into the hotel's pool area. Apparently, the pool and hot tub are a thing. The kids were adorable and the place seemed… functional. Nothing fancy, but for the price, it was all good. I started to wonder who these people were, why were they in this hotel, and what their stories were. Now, this is the stuff I love.
- 5:00 PM - Dinner at the Hotel Restaurant (and a Potential Existential Crisis): The hotel's restaurant, "Royal Grill", was… well, it was food. I got a burger. It's the safe choice, right? It did the job, which is more than I can say for the service (slow). I overheard a couple arguing about… well, everything. Made me think about my life choices, about maybe I should have taken a different path and moved to Bali. Just a thought.
Day 2: Embracing the Local (and Maybe Regretting It)
- 8:00 AM - Breakfast Disaster: Okay, I'm going to be honest. The breakfast buffet? Let's just say I stuck to the toast and jam. The scrambled eggs looked suspiciously… yellow. I’m not sure what they put in that stuff, but it wasn’t eggs.
- 9:00 AM - The Leduc Adventure: Because I was determined to find something interesting, I decided to get out and explore. Leduc. Huh. Now, I'm not saying it's a dead zone, but it's definitely… understated. I found a cute little coffee shop that was, thankfully, decent.
- 10:00 AM - The Black Gold. What a story. I started reading about the Leduc No. 1 discovery well in 1947 which triggered a massive oil boom, and the city's growth. I was fascinated by how much it changed the economy. I read tons of history, I found the park, I stood in the shadow of greatness (kinda).
- 12:00 PM - Lunch at (Another) Coffee Shop: By now, I needed another dose of good coffee. I found a different shop, this one with a slightly better atmosphere. The food was… okay. Mostly, I was people-watching, observing life. Isn't this what traveling is all about?
- 2:00 PM - The Hotel Gym (and My Self-Loathing): Okay, I told myself I’d hit the hotel gym. I walked in. I looked at the equipment. I walked out. I decided to order a pizza instead. No regrets. At least not yet.
- 7:00 PM - Dinner and My Evening Revelry: Back at Royal Grill. I ordered the pizza. It was… better than the burger. The company? Myself, and those thoughts again.
Day 3: Departure and the Aftermath
- 8:00 AM - The Farewell Breakfast (and My Final Judgment): Toast. Jam. The same slightly-yellow, suspiciously-eggy scrambled eggs. I'm done.
- 8:30 AM - Check Out: Easy peasy. Though the clerk seemed a little… off. Like he hadn't slept in days. I empathize.
- 9:00 AM - The Shuttle Returns: Back at the airport. The flight was on time (miracle of miracles!). Saying goodbye to the hotel, I thought. "Well… I guess it was an experience."
- 11:00 AM - Arriving Home: Back home, I was met with chaos. Laundry I needed to put away. Bills to be paid. So much real life waiting for me. And I missed the hotel.
- Overall: The Royal Hotel Edmonton Airport, Trademark Collection by Wyndham? It’s not the Ritz. It’s not luxurious. It's not the kind of place you'd write home about. But it gave me a comfortable, functional place to rest my head. I survived. I laughed. I complained a lot. And hey, that's what a good trip (and a messy itinerary) is all about, right?

Okay, spill. Is the Royal Hotel *actually* luxurious, or is it just… you know… a hotel near the airport? Because let's be real, some of those are questionable.
The website boasts about a shuttle. Is it reliable? Because missing a flight is a *nightmare*.
The restaurant. What's the food *really* like? Airport restaurants are a notorious gamble.
The rooms - are they actually quiet? I need sleep. And maybe world domination. Sleep is crucial for world domination.
What about the gym? Because I need to work off those airport snacks (and the potential for the steak dinner disaster).
Is there free Wi-Fi? Because, you know, the internet is important. Very, very important.
Okay, final verdict: Would you stay there again?


Post a Comment for "Escape to Luxury: Edmonton Airport's Royal Hotel Awaits!"