
Bismarck's BEST Super 8? (North Bismarck SHOCKING Review!)
Bismarck's BEST Super 8? (North Bismarck SHOCKING Review!) – Buckle Up, Buttercups!
Okay, folks, let's talk about THIS Super 8 in North Bismarck. I'm diving in headfirst, no holds barred, because honestly, I've stayed in some places. And you know what? This one… well, you'll see. Prepare yourselves, because this review is gonna be a wild ride. I’m talking ALL the angles – the good, the bad, and the… slightly suspect. This isn't just a review; it's a vibe.
First Impressions & Accessibility (and WHY It Matters)
Right off the bat, getting here was… easy enough. Found the place, the usual Super 8 sign, and a decent-sized parking lot. Car park [free of charge], check! Always appreciate that. Car park [on-site], check! Now, Accessibility is a HUGE deal for me (and, you know, a lot of people). The website claims to be accessible. I'd give it a… tentative thumbs up. There’s an elevator, which is HUGE. The entrance was pretty straightforward, NO crazy steps. But the real test? The room. I am happy to report:
Wheelchair accessible: Yes, absolutely. My friend with mobility issues did not have any problems with doors, the bathroom or turning space. A big win!
Internet Access & That Sweet, Sweet Wi-Fi – (or the Lack Thereof)
Alright, let's be real, we're all glued to our devices these days. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Yes! That's what I like to see. Now, the speed… wasn't blazing fast. But, hey, it worked. Found it to be very useful, the Internet [LAN] access was available too.
Rooms – The Good, the Bad, and the Slightly Eerie
Okay, the rooms. Cleanliness? Rooms sanitized between stays, supposedly. I gave the surfaces a quick wipe-down anyway. You know, just in case. Non-smoking rooms, thank the heavens. No stale smoke smell, always a plus. My room had a decent view of… well, the parking lot. But hey, it had a window that opens, which is a HUGE win for a claustrophobe like me.
- Air conditioning: Absolutely, it’s working.
- Desk: Check, and good for working
- Alarm Clock: Yes! This is useful, but honestly, who doesn't use their phone these days?
- Bathrobes: Non existent :(
- Bathroom phone: LOL, no.
- Bathtub: Available
- Blackout curtains: Yes! Sleep is important.
- Carpeting: Present, could use a good cleaning.
- Closet: Standard, got the job done.
- Coffee/tea maker: Yes, and yes, the coffee was HORRENDOUS. Bring your own!
- Complimentary tea: Yeah, but the tea was also… questionable.
- Desk: Yes, perfect for working.
- Extra long bed: Great for taller travelers.
- Free bottled water: YES!
- Hair dryer: Yes, and it worked.
- In-room safe box: Standard.
- Interconnecting room(s) available: Sweet for families!
- Internet access – wireless: Yes, as stated, and also the internet access - LAN.
- Ironing facilities: Yes!
- Laptop workspace: YES.
- Linens: Clean, at least.
- Mini bar: Nope, thank God.
- Mirror: Obvious.
- Non-smoking: Excellent.
- On-demand movies: Didn't bother.
- Private bathroom: YES.
- Reading light: YES.
- Refrigerator: YES.
- Safety/security feature: YES.
- Satellite/cable channels: Yes.
- Scale: Nope.
- Seating area: Somewhat, it's still minimal.
- Separate shower/bathtub: Yes.
- Shower: YES.
- Slippers: NO.
- Smoke detector: YES.
- Socket near the bed: Double-check!
- Sofa: NO.
- Soundproofing: Nah.
- Telephone: Yes.
- Toiletries: Basic, bring your own.
- Towels: Clean.
- Umbrella: NO.
- Visual alarm: Unsure.
- Wake-up service: Available.
Dining, Drinking, & Snacking – The Breakfast Saga
Breakfast. Oh, the breakfast. Breakfast [buffet]… in the time of COVID. It was… okay. Breakfast service was friendly enough, and they tried, I have to give them that. But the food? Let’s just say I wasn’t heartbroken to leave. Coffee/tea in restaurant, it’s coffee alright. There IS a coffee shop which I failed to utilize. Breakfast takeaway service, you betcha. If you're in a rush, it's handy.
(RAMBLE MODE ACTIVATED) I've had some atrocious hotel breakfasts in my life. Grey scrambled eggs, the rubbery sausages that mock you. The suspiciously yellow "juice" that probably glows in the dark. But I do value the Bottle of water in the room -- always. (RAMBLE MODE DEACTIVATED)
Cleanliness & Safety – Because We're Living in Pandemic Times
Okay, this is where things get serious. Considering the current climate, I appreciated the attempt. Anti-viral cleaning products, hopefully. Daily disinfection in common areas, that’s what they say. I saw staff wearing masks. Hand sanitizer strategically placed. I did notice Staff trained in safety protocol. Room sanitization opt-out available, which is nice. They also had Safe dining setup and Sanitized kitchen and tableware items .
Services & Conveniences – The Extras (and Why They Matter)
The little things, right? Cash withdrawal, check. Concierge, nope. Convenience store, yes, but small. Oh! Elevator, bless 'em. Daily housekeeping, thank you! Facilities for disabled guests, score! Laundry service, excellent. Luggage storage, available. Safety deposit boxes, probably, didn't need it.
For The Kids… and Everyone Else!
Family/child friendly. Fine. Babysitting service, negative. Kids meal, not that I saw.
Getting Around
Car park [free of charge]. YES! Taxi service, I'm sure it's available.
The Verdict – Is It Worth It?
So, is the Super 8 in North Bismarck, "the BEST"? Let's calm down. This isn't the Ritz. It's a solid, affordable option for a night or two. It's clean enough, the staff is trying, and the location is decent. It's not perfect, but honestly? For the price, it's a decent deal.
Here's the deal:
Book the Super 8 in North Bismarck if: You're looking for a clean, convenient, budget-friendly hotel, looking for the amenities.
Avoid it if: You're expecting luxury, Michelin-star dining, or a spa day.
My Final Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't mind-blowing. However, for a quick stop, it gets the job done.
OFFER – Snag a Sweet Deal!
Ready to book a stay in North Bismarck? Use code "BISMARCKSTAY" and get 15% off your room! Plus, enjoy free Wi-Fi and a (hopefully) improved breakfast experience. Book now and experience the chaotic glory of… well, a North Bismarck Super 8! Just don't expect the moon and stars, okay? And bring your own coffee. Seriously.
Anh Thư Vũng Tàu: Unveiling Vietnam's Hidden Gem!
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into…Bismarck, North Dakota. And not just any Bismarck, but the one attached to a Super 8. Let's be real, this itinerary is gonna be more "wing it" than "military precision." And that's just the way I like it.
Day 1: Arrival & The Great Fridge Reconnaissance
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Arrive in Bismarck, preferably on a flight that isn't delayed because, honestly, who has time for that? Assuming the baggage handlers haven’t decided my suitcase is their new plaything (happened once, still bitter), I’ll pick up the rental car. Praying it’s not a lemon. (Fingers crossed for a working air conditioner. North Dakota sun's got a bite!)
3:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Check into the Super 8 Bismarck North. Ah, the siren call of the free continental breakfast and the promise of a questionable pool. First order of business? The Fridge Reconnaissance. Seriously. This is crucial. Is it stocked with…stuff? Do I have room for the emergency soda I secretly brought in my backpack? These are the important questions, people.
4:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Unpack. Admire the hotel room. Okay, so the decor is aggressively beige. But hey, the bed looks comfy, and that's all that really matters at this point, right? Narrator voice: Wrong. After the unpacking, I'll be wandering aimlessly around the room checking the amenities, realizing it is a super 8.
6:00 PM - 7:30 PM: Dinner at a local establishment. Recommendations welcome! I'm open to anything, from that hole-in-the-wall diner that smells faintly of bacon grease and regret (my fave) to a "fine dining" experience that probably involves a bread basket. (Extra butter, please.)
7:30 PM - 9:00 PM: Stroll. Around. Maybe. Depends on how ravenous I am after dinner. Check out the local scene? Observe the locals? Or just watch some bad t.v. or something?
9:00 PM - Bedtime: The Great Laptop Struggle. Gotta catch up on emails, maybe write a bit, and generally attempt to trick myself into thinking I have my life together. (Spoiler alert: I don't.)
Day 2: Culture, History, and Mild Existential Dread
7:00 AM - 8:00 AM: Continental Breakfast: The Quest for the Perfect Waffle. I'm not kidding. This is a serious undertaking. The balance of batter-to-crispiness is critical. Also, contemplate the meaning of life while gazing at the lukewarm scrambled eggs.
8:00 AM - 12:00 PM: The North Dakota Heritage Center & State Museum. Okay, touristy stuff, but hear me out. History! I'm a sucker for a good exhibit, especially one that delves into the weird and wonderful history of a place. Hopefully, there are no life-sized wax figures that stare into my soul. Museum fatigue is real, folks. Pace yourselves. I'm expecting to be mildly fascinated and possibly a little overwhelmed by all the information.
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM: Lunch. Gotta find a place with a decent sandwich. It's a basic human need.
1:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Exploring downtown Bismarck. Window shopping, maybe. Maybe not. Depends on my mood and how aggressively the local businesses are trying to sell me things. I'm particularly interested in finding a quirky bookstore or antique shop. Bonus points if they have a grumpy cat.
3:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Drive to the Missouri River. Take in the view. Contemplate the vastness of the landscape. Feel a profound sense of insignificance in the face of nature. You know, the usual existential stuff. Pictures are mandatory.
5:00 PM - 6:30 PM: Dinner with whatever the hell I'm feeling… or maybe something authentic?
6:30 PM - Bedtime: Relax. T.V. Possibly. Maybe not. Try and avoid the existential dread.
Day 3: Departure & Post-Trip Meltdown
7:00 AM - 8:00 AM: The Great Waffle Adventure: Part Deux. Gotta get that waffle game perfected before I leave.
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM: Final Pack. Attempt to cram everything back into the suitcase, inevitably failing and resorting to aggressive sitting and hoping for the best.
9:00 AM - 10:00 AM: Check out of the Super 8. Say a fond farewell to beige walls and questionable breakfast options.
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM: Last Minute Souvenir Hunt. Gotta grab something to remember this trip by. A tacky t-shirt? A ridiculously oversized coffee mug? The possibilities are endless.
11:00 AM - Flight: Head to the airport, return the rental car, and prepare for the inevitable post-trip sadness. You know, the feeling that you're never going to experience anything new and exciting ever again. (Dramatic, I know. But it's real.)
Important Notes:
- Flexibility is Key: This is Bismarck, folks. Things happen. Allow for unexpected detours, bouts of indecision, and the occasional existential crisis.
- Embrace the Imperfections: This trip will probably not be perfect. And that's okay! The best travel stories always involve a little bit of mess.
- Hydrate: Drink water, especially with all that walking.
- Enjoy! Seriously, get out there and have some fun.
Alright, that's the plan. Wish me luck. And send coffee. I'm going to need it.
Grenada Getaway: Your Dream OYO Hotel Awaits!
Bismarck's BEST Super 8? (North Bismarck SHOCKING Review!) – Buckle Up, Buttercups!
Okay, alright, spill it. Is this Super 8 actually “the best” in Bismarck? Or is this clickbait? Because I'm already suspicious...
The Room: What's the *real* deal? Clean? Moldy? Like, is this a health hazard?
Breakfast? Don't tell me it's the same sad continental breakfast...
The Staff: Are they friendly? Or are they secretly judging me?
What ABOUT the Pool and Fitness room? ARE they worth using?
Location, Location, Location! Is it actually in a decent spot? Close to things? Or am I stranded in the middle of nowhere?
About the whole noise thing: Is it a quiet stay? Or am I gonna be listening to the joys of travel all night?
Okay, the *SHOCKING* part. What was so shocking you mentioned?!


Post a Comment for "Bismarck's BEST Super 8? (North Bismarck SHOCKING Review!)"